Coming to MU? We can help with everything from immigration and academics to learning English and making new friends! Contact an adviser.
April 12, 2012
1. Welcome Sonali Kumar, H-1B adviser! Sonali comes to the University of Missouri from Cleveland, Ohio. Originally from India, Sonali came to the U.S. eleven years ago and began working with The Council of International Programs USA, placing foreign professionals with U.S.-based organizations. Sonali loves gardening and meeting people from all over the globe. If you have questions regarding H-1B scholars, please feel free to contact Sonali at email@example.com.
2. Congratulations Maria Swanegan, new J-1 adviser! Maria has been with the International Center for two years, working as a document specialist for the scholar team. We are happy to have Maria in the new position as J-1 adviser. Outside of work, Maria is busy running around after her (almost two year old) little boy and spending time with her husband. If you have questions regarding J scholars, please feel free to contact Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Reminder for departments on J-1 requests. Please note that if you are submitting a J-1 request, we appreciate it if you make sure the request has all of the necessary information before sending it to us. Please see below what is required in order for us to process a J-1 request. When submitting the request, please send it to Maria Swanegan at email@example.com or you may mail it via campus mail to the International Center, ATTN: Maria Swanegan.
4. Free legal seminar: Paths to Work Visas and Permanent Residency - Friday, April 13, 2012. The International Center and International Student Career Services are excited to invite you to a legal seminar presented by William Schiller from Davidson & Schiller LLC on "Paths to Work Visas and Permanent Residency." The workshop will be held Friday April 13, 2012 from 9 - 11 a.m. in room 222 Townsend Hall. In addition, there will be individual consultations and a legal clinic that will start at 11:30 a.m. There will be 15 minutes allotted per person to speak with Mr. Schiller. To sign up, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Reminders on permanent residency issues
6. NAFSA: Association of International Educators National Conference, Houston, Texas May 28-June 1, 2012. The scholar team staff will be out of the office, participating in the NAFSA: Association of International Educators National Conference in Houston, Texas May 28-June 1, 2012. Our staff will attend workshops providing valuable immigration information and also in sessions on important topics in the field.
Please visit the following pages on our website for important information pertaining to:
1. Important information for scholars in J-1 status:
2. Important information for H-1B scholars:
Published by the International Center, N52 Memorial Union, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211 | Phone: 573-882-6007 | Fax: 573-882-3223 | E-mail: email@example.com
© — Curators of the University of Missouri. DMCA and other copyright information. All rights reserved. An equal opportunity/ADA institution.