Skip to main content
Skip to navigation

H-1B scholars: faculty and staff

The H-1B nonimmigrant status is for an international worker who will perform services in a specialty occupation that requires "theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, and attainment of a bachelor's or higher degree in the specific specialty (or its equivalent) as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States."