Skip to main content
Skip to navigation

Other entry options

While J-1 and H1-B scholars account for the majority of MU's international scholars, there are other entry options available. Specific restrictions apply to each of the following options, so please read the additional information for each option carefully.

TN visas

TN visas were developed as part of the North American Free Trade Agreement to facilitate the entry of Canadian and Mexican citizens into the United States to engage in professional business activities on a temporary basis.

Business and tourist visas

B-1 visas are for business tourists, and B-2 visas are for tourists. These visa categories may be appropriate for temporary visitors coming to the U.S. for conventions, conferences or consultations.

Visa waiver program

The visa waiver program enables citizens from certain countries to travel to the United States for periods of up to 90 days without obtaining a visa.