Skip to main content
Skip to navigation

Important documents

In addition to your passport, visa and other immigration-related documents, you may need to obtain a Social Security card or driver's license:

  • Social Security card: Required for all international students and scholars who will be employed during their time at MU.
  • Driver's license: Required for anyone who plans to operate a motor vehicle or motor-driven cycle on public roadways.
  • Nondriver ID card: A government-issued photo identification card that can be used as a primary form of identification in many situations (e.g., opening a bank account).

If you are unsure whether you should obtain any of these documents, please contact an International Center adviser.