Skip to main content
Skip to navigation

Nondriver ID card

If you do not plan to drive, you can apply for a Missouri nondriver ID card. It is a government-issued photo ID that can be used as a primary form of identification in many situations (e.g., opening a bank account). Just like a driver's license, you apply for this card at the Columbia License Office:

403 Vandiver Drive, Suite B (map)
phone: 573-474-4700
hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday; 8 a.m.–noon last Saturday of the month

Required documentation

For Missouri nondriver ID card:

  1. Proof of lawful presence
    F-1 and J-1 students and J-1 scholars must provide all of the following: F-2 and J-2 dependents must provide all of the following:
    • Passport
    • I-94
    • Visa
    • I-20 of F-1 or DS-2019 of J-1
    • Certification of enrollment (print certification of F-1/J-1 from the Registrar's website)
    H-1B scholars must provide all of the following: H-4 dependents must provide all of the following:
  2. Proof of residency — one of the following:
    • Utility bill (most recent)
    • Bank statement (most recent)
    • Paycheck (most recent)
    • Housing rental contract of current residence
    • An official letter/document from another state or local government agency, on the agency’s letterhead or contains the official seal of the issuing agency, within the past 30 days
    • Letter or other documentation issued by postmaster within past 30 days
    • Other government document that contains the name and address of the applicant, within the past 30 days
  3. Proof of identity — only required for H-1B/H-4 visas
    Provide your Social Security number if you have received one. If you have not received a Social Security card, go to the Social Security office to obtain a letter.