Skip to main content
Skip to navigation

Exchange students

Welcome to MU!

Reciprocal exchange programs are special agreements between MU and partner universities abroad that allow students at both universities to study abroad while paying tuition at their home institutions.

Students in Jesse Hall.Exchange students are students from participating universities abroad attending MU for a semester or year. Exchange students usually come to MU on J‐1 (student) visas.

  • The terms of each agreement between MU and our reciprocal exchange partners is unique. Do not assume that you will have certain benefits or requirements just because other exchange students have them.
  • The exchange student adviser can help. The International Center's role is to help you navigate the university and have a successful and rewarding experience at MU. Contact

Please review the information and guidelines here and in the Exchange Student Orientation Handbook.