The Sponsored Student Program provides arrival assistance to new students upon request. This assistance includes:
- Pick-up from the Columbia Regional Airport or other Columbia arrival location.
- Transportation to your permanent or temporary housing.
You can request arrival assistance through the online form shared in the arrival and orientation email. Please review all information in this email carefully and completely, and contact us by email (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Mandatory orientation sessions
New sponsored students are required to attend welcome and orientation events during International Student Welcome. In addition to the orientation session for all international students, sponsored students are required to attend the Sponsored Student Orientation. This session covers important information pertaining to your status as a sponsored student and will help you better navigate campus processes and sponsor requirements. You will sign up for this session through the online form shared in the arrival and orientation email.
In total, you must attend the following after your arrival:
- Immigration check-in session
- International Student Welcome events
- Graduate students: Graduate School Orientation
- Undergraduate students: Information session and divisional orientation
- Sponsored Student Orientation
- Sponsor virtual orientations (if required by your sponsor, you will receive an email with the time and location information)