Skip to main content
Skip to navigation

Financial aid

Students participating on MU or MU-affiliated programs should be able to use most of their federal, state, institution and private financial aid to help cover the cost of studying abroad. If students plan to apply financial aid to the costs of their study abroad program, they must work with advisers in the Office of Student Financial Aid and fill out all of the necessary paperwork, including the Financial Planning Worksheet.

Forms must be filled out by the specified deadlines in order to ensure that students will continue to receive their financial aid while abroad. If students begin this process early enough, it may be possible to re-evaluate their needs and make them eligible for additional loans or grants.

Non-MU students are not eligible for financial aid from MU. Non-MU students should work with their home university's study abroad and financial aid offices to research financial aid and scholarship options.

Institutional scholarships

The following MU-based scholarships may be used to study abroad through MU and MU affiliated programs only; they may not be applied to non-MU programs.

  • Curators scholarship
  • Bright-Flight
  • MU grants
  • Other MU scholarships

For more information about MU institutional scholarships, contact the Financial Aid Officeexternal link in 11 Jesse Hall, 573-882-7506.