Skip to main content
Skip to navigation

International travel registry


According to the UM System Collected Rules and Regulations, MU students participating on university-related travel are REQUIRED to register with the International Center prior to departure.

This includes, but is not limited to, graduate and undergraduate students, or other participants in university-sponsored educational programs, traveling individually or in groups, with or without university funding for any university-organized, university-administered, or university-related activity or program such as:

  • Participating in recognized student organization trips abroad
  • Conducting research abroad
  • Attending conferences abroad
  • Participating in practicums, clinicals

Students participating on a study abroad program do not register through a the travel registry, but should report any travel away from their program location as a side-trip in their study abroad application.


Registered students receive assess to university support and resources, including:

  • Access to UM-negotiated international sickness and accident insurance
  • Security intelligence
  • Security, political, natural disaster and medical evacuation services
  • In event of emergency, access to campus and university medical, legal and financial support services available to students on the MU campus

Students who do not register may not have access to these benefits.


  • Log in to to the myStudyAbroad travel registry with your MU PawPrint.
  • Enter your complete itinerary, including all known cities to which you will be traveling (if your plans change, you can edit the locations and dates later).
  • Digitally sign all required documents, including the UM System Assumption of Risk and Release form.
  • Obtain and submit the required proof of insurance.
  • Provide emergency contact information.
  • Read the provided learning content.