Exploring Historical Seoul!

By Sydney M.

March 31, 2021

Boy oh boy, I took a lot of photos today! For the past week or so I have been struggling with classes and stress, so I had been very hesitant to go out. Mostly, I have been staying inside and focusing on by work. Today, however, I decided to be spontaneous and take Vlad and I to explore a place called Bukchon Hanok Village. This area is full with buildings, plants and palaces as old as 500-600 years. It was a sight to see, and took both of our breath away. We walked in a neighborhood, a few parks and a couple of palaces. There was so much to explore and learn, but it was getting late, so we couldn’t take our time to read all the info they had. We plan on taking more time to visit this area really soon!

Bukchon Hankok Village
Sydney M. standing in Bukchon Hanok Village. You can see the Seoul tower in the background.
Palace
Palace in Seoul that tourists might visit.
Tree
A couple under a tree wearing “hanbok.” This is a traditional formal wear that can be worn at weddings, special occasions or just walking about. People will often rent hanboks to wear while exploring this historical village.

Learn more about this blogger’s study abroad program: Korea University