Exchange students are international students who come to the University of Missouri for a semester or academic year from one of our reciprocal exchange partner universities. Exchange students usually come to MU on J-1 student visas and pay tuition at their home universities.
As an exchange student, you will take regular MU courses alongside American and other international students.
To apply to MU as an exchange student, your home institution must officially nominate you for acceptance before you can apply to MU. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Step 1: Apply online
You must obtain the link to the online application from the international or study abroad office at your home institution.
Step 2: Submit supporting documents
After you complete your online application, you will receive an email asking you to submit the following supporting documents. All supporting documents should be scanned and attached as PDFs to an email sent to email@example.com.
- Copy of your passport biographical page
- Official academic transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- See more information about establishing your English proficiency on the International Admissions website
- Not required for students from predominantly English-speaking countries who speak English as their first language
- Financial support documentation