Galway, Ireland

By Ellie H.

July 21, 2022

After arriving in Galway, we explored and jumped right into everything Ireland offers. I quickly realized that my rain jacket would be a staple in my wardrobe, I got adjusted to walking nearly everywhere around Galway, and I took time to ask questions to get to know the Irish people better. At our volunteering site, I got to know the staff very well and they were very welcoming to us students. They were proud of their culture and excited to share everything they love about Ireland. The weather appears to be a given in daily conversation over a cup of tea.

Girls biking along path next to stone walls and grass yards leading up to homes.
Biking the Aran Islands

Outside of volunteering, we have gone on so many fun excursions. We have visited the Cliffs of Moher and the Aran Islands so far. I look forward to our trip to Connemara, the Irish countryside. Biking around the Aran Islands has been my favorite because we got to see so much and it was gorgeous. These have been amazing experiences and I am so lucky to have an amazing group of classmates along my side! I cannot wait to see what the next few weeks have in store!

Landscape of the sharp cliffs overlooking the blue, gray ocean on a cloudy day.
Cliffs of Moher
Learn more about this blogger’s study abroad program: Global Mizzou Service: Working with Vulnerable Adult Populations in Ireland