Final month in Alicante

By Gibson H.

June 12, 2023

My last month in Alicante has gone by so fast. I traveled a lot last month, so for this time I just wanted to spend time in Alicante and finish my studies there. I took my finals early and spent my time going to the gym, enjoying the great food options around town, and hanging out at the beach with the friends I’ve made here. I’m a little sad to be leaving, but I wouldn’t change anything about my time here. My host mom has so nice and has really helped me with my Spanish as well. It has been a great last month and I’ve really gotten to enjoy Alicante after months of traveling around.

Gibson's group of Mizzou students and teacher smiling for a selfie
My group!

Looking back at my time here, I’ve been so lucky to have this experience. I came here wanting to learn Spanish, travel the world, and enjoy a part of the world I had never experienced before. I was lucky enough to travel all around Spain, as well as visit France, Italy, Switzerland, and Portugal. I had a great group of Mizzou students that also made my time here even better. I accomplished one of my dreams to see F.C. Barcelona play, and I even got to a game with a friend from Denmark that I hadn’t seen in 5 years! This trip couldn’t have been better, and I’m very grateful for everything I was able to do during this semester. I’m so glad I studied abroad and will never forget my time here!

Foggy sky over green fields on their walk
On “El Camino” in Santiago, Spain
The group in ponchos standing in front of an ancient church building
We finished El Camino!

Learn more about this blogger’s study abroad program: University of Alicante: ALI Abroad