Starting the adventure of studying abroad

By Payton B.

Feb. 9, 2024

Tezza_9108
This is me, in front of the canal in Florence!

Ciao! My name is Payton, and I am studying abroad in Milan, Italy this semester! I got to Milan on Jan. 22, and have had the best time so far! In the first two weeks of being here, I have been working out the kinks in regard to adjusting to the seven hour time difference, blocking out times to speak to my family and making new friends. I have an amazing roommate, Neilie, that I live with in Milan. We hit it off immediately and have been doing everything together from going to class to traveling to Florence this past weekend. She is someone that brings out the best in me and even in our short time of being friends I can see us continuing our friendship well after we return home from Italy. It is so refreshing being friends with someone that understands you so well while you are adjusting to a new environment!

Tezza_6041_1
A photo of my roommate Neilie and I at a restaurant by the Duomo.

Speaking of travel and Florence, I think that it is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! This past weekend was my first time traveling to another city in Europe, and it definitely did not disappoint. Florence is full of history and culture like I have never seen before. From the amazing architecture to the beautiful river that flows through the middle of the town, it was definitely an experience I will never forget. I am so excited to bring you through my travels these next few months!

The Duomo, a cathedral in the central of Milano.

Learn more about this blogger’s study abroad program: IES Abroad: Fashion Design and Merchandising in Milan