Studying abroad in Prague

By Monika V.

June 28, 2023

Hello, my name is Monika Vanek, and I am a Junior studying in Prague, Czech Republic for one month this summer. Before studying abroad, I was nervous because I did not know anyone that was going to be studying abroad with me. There are 18 of us that got accepted to come on this trip, and we got to meet each other for the first time in our pre-departure classes. Even though we met each other a few times, we only really got to know each other the first day we were abroad. We all instantly bonded and all became excellent friends. After our first week together, it felt like we were together for a month. Our tour guide Olda has been taking outstanding care of us. He has shown us how to use the bus and metro system. He has taken us on a fantastic tour of all of the Old Square. My favorite time with Olda is when he takes our whole group to dinners. He orders for us every time so we are required to try something new. I am in my third week of studying abroad, and I am sad to think this trip is ending soon! I am so thankful I got to come on this trip and make these wonderful memories, and I know there are more to come.

Learn more about this blogger’s study abroad program: Business: Prague