- The University of Missouri South African Education Program is open to faculty from all four campuses. Funding from the president’s office supports collaborative research and teaching with colleagues in South Africa, particularly at the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town. Opportunities are also available to host South African colleagues for a multi-campus study/collaboration.
- The Fulbright Scholar Program offers teaching/research awards in 140 countries. Awards are available in a variety of disciplines and fields for periods ranging from two weeks to a full academic year.
- The American Council of Learned Societies offers several fellowships related to international scholarship.
- The National Science Foundation’s Office of International Science and Engineering promotes and coordinates funding opportunities specifically for international research and education collaborations.
- Several opportunities through the Social Science Research Council have an international focus.
- The Fulbright-Hays Program awards grants to focus on research and training efforts overseas that focus on non-Western foreign languages and area studies.
- The U.S. Department of Education’s Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Language Program provides funds to plan, develop and carry out programs to strengthen and improve undergraduate instruction in international studies and foreign languages.