For additional information about required documents, refer to the U.S. Department of State website.
For all applicants
- Completed passport application (form DS-11)
- The only application our office can process is the form DS-11. If you are eligible to renew through the mail (using the form DS-82), confirm eligibility and follow instructions on the U.S. Department of State website.
- International Center staff cannot fill out the form on your behalf. To save time please print and complete — but do not sign — the form prior to your appointment.
- Proof of citizenship (one of the following):
- Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state (photocopies not accepted)
- Naturalization certificate
- Certificate of citizenship
- Previous, undamaged U.S. passport
- Valid, government-issued ID (driver’s license, U.S. passport, official military or government employee ID, certificate of naturalization or citizenship). For minors under 16 this may be the parent’s ID.
- Secondary identification: If your government-issued ID was issued by a state other than Missouri, you must also present secondary identification. This can be a student ID, state-issued non-driver ID, selective service card, voter registration card, medical or health insurance card, Social Security card, learner’s or temporary driver’s permit, credit card or membership card.
- One passport photo (can be obtained at the International Center)
- Check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State for the appropriate fee(s), plus the $35 execution fee payable to the MU International Center. You will always receive a receipt for passport/photo services.
Additional requirements for minors under age 16
- Evidence of minor’s relationship to the parents/guardians (one of the following):
- Certified U.S. birth certificate including parents’ names
- Adoption decree including adopting parents’ names
- Court order establishing custody
- Foreign birth certificate including parents’ names with official English translation
- Parental consent
- Both parents, along with the minor, must be present.
- If only one parent is able to appear in person, submit a notarized Form DS-3053 (Statement of Consent: Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Minor Under Age 16) for the absent parent, along with a front and back copy of the absent parent’s identification.