MU faculty can teach abroad in China during July 2020
Jan. 8, 2020
MU faculty are invited to teach a two-week intensive course as part of the International Immersion Program at Southwest University in Chongqing, China. This is a great opportunity to expand your teaching experience and network with faculty at one of MU’s partner institutions in China. The program runs July 6–17 and includes:
- Round-trip airfare reimbursement (maximum RMB 15,000)
- Visa application fee reimbursement
- Airport pick-up and drop-off in Chongqing
- Accommodations and food on the SWU campus
- Weekend city tour and cultural activities
- Stipend of RMB 12,000/credit (before tax) for lecturers, or RMB 15,000/credit (before tax) for professors and associate professors
Accepted participants will be charged a facilitation fee by International Programs (8% of the pre-tax stipend).
All courses will be taught in English and should align with an undergraduate or graduate program offered at SWU. Courses will be credit bearing and open to all qualified SWU students. Each course should include lectures, assignments and grading, with face-to-face lecture time of no less than:
- Graduate courses: One credit (18 teaching periods, 40 minutes/period) or two credits (36 teaching periods, 40 minutes/period)
- Undergraduate courses: Two credits (36 teaching periods, 40 minutes/period)
Interested faculty should submit electronic versions of the following to Dr. Xiaoyu Guo (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Feb. 1.
- Copy of your passport biographical page
- Personal CV
- Recommendation from employer
- Course description
Official confirmation and a formal invitation will be issued to participants on March 27.
Please contact Dr. Xiaoyu Guo (email@example.com) with any questions.