MU faculty are invited to teach a two-week intensive course as part of the International Immersion Program at Southwest University in Chongqing, China. This is a great opportunity to expand your teaching experience and network with faculty at one of MU’s partner institutions in China. The program runs July 8–19 and includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Airport pick-up and drop-off in Chongqing
- Accommodations and food on the SWU campus
- Weekend city tour
- Stipend of RMB 9,000/credit (before tax) for lecturers, assistant professors and associate professors, or RMB 11,500/credit (before tax) for full professors
Accepted participants will be charged a facilitation fee by the International Center (8% of the pre-tax stipend).
All courses will be taught in English and should align with an undergraduate or graduate program offered at SWU. Courses will be credit bearing and open to all qualified SWU students. Each course should include lectures, assignments and grading, with face-to-face lecture time of no less than:
- Graduate courses: One credit (18 teaching periods, 40 minutes/period) or two credits (36 teaching periods, 40 minutes/period)
- Undergraduate courses: Two credits (36 teaching periods, 40 minutes/period)
Interested faculty should submit electronic versions of the following to Dr. Xiaoyu Guo (email@example.com) by March 15.
- Copy of your passport biographical page
- Personal CV
- Course description
Official confirmation and a formal invitation will be issued to participants on March 22.
Please contact Dr. Xiaoyu Guo (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.